Thursday, November 13, 2008

dead baby jokes are funny, dead babies however are not




I was recently in Salt Lake City(SLC) and had the opportunity to visit an exhibit at the Leonardo (a museum type place) called 'Body Worlds'. The exhibit is a collection of cadavers preserved in various positions, like shooting a bow and arrow or balancing on three wooden balls while simultaneously holding the content of the thoracic cavity over their head, or eating grass in the case of three headed camel. Body donations are happily accepted, it's how I would want to spend eternity, stripped of my skin and riding a camel.
As part of the exhibit they have a fetus room...Actually, before I get into this, a little background about me and also about SLC: I am not the most tactful person in the world. SLC is kind of the headquarters for Mormonism, a religion known for it's wholesome values.
As part of the exhibit they have a fetus room chronicling a fetus' development from conception all the way to birth. Right at the front of the fetus room there is a row of jars with fetuses in various stages of development.
"Those aren't babies!" I yell,"They're just sea monkeys!"
Mormons do not think dead baby jokes are funny.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Why did the dead baby cross the road?

Because it was stapled to the chicken.


-Stephen King